Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Never rains in Seattle (or whatever the song says)

Day 9....until Oct 9

We finally made it to Seattle. I will say that is one of the prettiest drives (well after we got passed the part of Washington that looks like Montana).

We decided to stay in downtown Seattle since the doggie spa was not going to be able to take Roxie and Gunner until the next day.

As we drove into Seattle imagine my surprise when it was not raining. I told Dave that I must have brought the sunshine we me from The Dirty Myrtle.

Since we were so early getting there we decided to take Roxie and Gunner to explore the new sights and smells of Seattle. One thing I was not aware of how many homeless people are in that city. They are everywhere. The city actually builds parks for them which happens to be where the off leash dog parks are located. Well needless to say Roxie thought she needed to greet every homeless person in Seattle with the exception of the high teenage couple.

After the parade through the parks we made our over to the Space Needle. We didn't go up this time perhaps next time.

We checked into the hotel and Roxie and Gunner proceeded to jump all over one of the hotel staff.

We made our way to Pike's Market. We saw the first Starbucks and of course there was a long line. I learned that Seattle's Best Coffee is also owned by Starbucks. I discovered that the guys at Pike's Fish Market will let you catch a fish. Don't think for one second that I will not be doing that several times over the next few years. Who knows that might be my new career! Stephanie the Fish Thrower?!!

Over the next few days we explored the area. We found a cute house to rent in Lacey which is about 30-45 minutes from Seattle depending on traffic and how fast you drive. We were able to chat with the people we are renting from and they gave us all sorts of useful information.

We went to REI Mother Ship as Dave calls it. I picked out a really cute/functional bike. Come to find out I needed an extra small bike frame. (I guess because I am four inches taller than a pigmy). That explains why I keep falling off the bikes I used to ride.

We flew back to SC for the wedding of Chris and Amy (I can now say it in public. That was the hardest secret to keep).

Tomorrow we start the trek west again. We will have company for half the trip as part of the wolf pack and cobra clan are set to invade NOLA and USC/LSU game and then we will head back to Lacey,WA. This time we are taking the southern route.

In other news:

Gunner and Roxie got to go to a birthday party at the doggie spa.

No comments:

Post a Comment