Monday, October 15, 2012

OK City is OK

After the fun week in NOLA and Baton Rouge we loaded up the car and said "so long" to members of the wolf pack and cobra clan to head west...AGAIN!

The first stop on this trip was Oklahoma City which was a very long nine car ride. Note to self....driving nine hours in the car after acting like a 21 year college is not a wise decision. I swear that must have been the longest trip ever!

For the first time Dave and I rotated driving. He drove the first half and I think I was drooling on the seatbelt before we ever left Baton Rouge.

We finally made it to OK City. Dave had chosen the Hampton Inn in Bricktown which was great. There was a great little river walk next to the hotel that had fun little restaurants. We ended up eating at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill. I was totally taken with the saddle turned into a disco ball the bartender had to keep repeating himself.

After dinner we headed back to the hotel for my fix of Once Upon a Time and Jersey Housewives. Dave chose to read "The Odyssey" and fall asleep. I guess he doesn't appreciate good TV lol!

Other news-

Roxie and Gunner are doing great.

The entire blog about NOLA and Baton Rouge to follow with some exceptions. After all what happens in NOLA stays in NOLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment