Friday, October 19, 2012

Searching for JR

We left OK City and started the very long trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico. This trip took us through Texas. I have always heard all things are bigger in Texas and boy were they right. As we entered Texas we passed a giant rest area, not to be confused with the Welcome Center. This rest stop was unlike anything I had ever seen. It actually had an observation deck although, I am still not sure what we were observing. A little further down the road was a roadside cross...not just any roadside cross. This cross was taller and wider than most hotels I have stayed in. I believe they were trying to reach heaven with that cross. Again, all things bigger in Texas.

We didn't get to see any of the famous family of Texas...the Ewings but we did pass a few oil derricks. Too bad we didn't see a "gusher" because the further west we go the more expensive the gas prices get.

We stayed the night in Albuquerque just a few miles from "Old Towne". . We found a great little bar called High Noon Saloon and of course we went in for a cocktail. I mean how could you not have a drink at a place called High Noon Saloon?!? I was secretly hoping to see a dual from the old west.

Dave found this great little Mexican restaurant called Little Anita's and let me tell you I had the sixth food coma of this trip. The good was AMAZING! The salsa was so hot it caused me to have a little sweat beads on my face.

We walked around the shops and even went into a great old church that was beautiful. This was one of the first churches in the area and in my mind people from the Wild West took refuge in this church. You know people like Billy the Kid or Doc Holiday (insert over active imagination).

We headed back to the hotel to get some sleep since the next stop was Vegas. I may add this Southern Baptist girl was in for a very interesting next 48 hours.

Other news

We saw billboards for a 72 oz steak. I do believe anyone eating that would be in a food coma for life...or at least 24 hours.

We found the second last westward bound Chick-fil-a. Of course it was yummy!

Miles, miles, miles, miles of road construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment